Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
from Rockstar Games
The location is Vice City, and the vibe is glamour, power and corruption...An entirely new game set in the ‘80s, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City will surpass the unprecedented gameplay, cinematic graphics and immersive audio experience that gamers associate with Grand Theft Auto 3.
- Nine Full hours of 80's music featuring 90+ songs licensed from well known artists (compare this to GTA3's three and a half hours). Confirmed song tracks include:
- Judas Priest, "You've got another thing coming"
- GrandMaster Flash, "The Message"
- Laura Branigan, "Self Control"
- Kool and the Gang, "Summer Madness"
- Flock of Seagulls, "I Ran"
- Hall & Oats, "Out of Touch"
- Cutting Crew, "I Just Died in Your Arms"
- Lazlow will be back
- More reflective surfaces on the vehicles including real time shadowing from the environment.
- The whole of Vice City will be open to players from the start of the game. Go where you want, when you want.
- Vice City is not a sequel, nor is it a prequel, and it certainly isn't an addon. It's just another slice of the GTA "universe".
- The main characters name is Tommy.
- Your character finally speaks!
- There will be around 8000 individual voice overs (compared to GTA3's 2000)
- 20 top Hollywood stars will fill out the cast.
- Vice City will be double the size of Liberty City both inside and out. There will be many, many more multileveled interior environments for you to explore. Missions will send you to both outdoor and indoor locations.
- Vice City will include even more peds on the streets with more lifelike behavior.
- Gangs are more intelligent and will cause trouble all over the city so you won't be the only one the police will be hunting down.
- Graphical enhancements include higher framerate, higher resolution textures, more complex vehicle and ped models with better skins, and a new radiosity lighting system to make the neon look just right.
- New targeting system to make finding and shooting enemies even easier. It will highlight targets based on "priority and not on proximity". The new system also includes a new crosshair system that shows you both the exact target and the bullet spray radius. The crosshair will also change color to indicate the enemies threat level.
- Vice City will include 40 weapons (compared to GTA3's 15), including new hand to hand weapons like the machete.
- New maneuvers like crouching will help you make use of cover.
- A new camera system will lock the camera over your shoulder to make both interior and exterior combat easier.
- A new HUD will show more information including your elevation above ground (think large buildings with multiple floors).
- VC will include more complex missions that include a greater variety of objectives. These new missions will ask more of you by melding vehicle, outdoor and indoor combat all into one mission.
- New side missions including pizza delivery!
- The vehicle count has also been raised to 120 from GTA3's paltry selection of only 50. Many of the vehicles are inspired by 80's sports cars and yes, there will be motorcycles!
- You will be able to shoot out tires which will drastically affect the vehicle physics.
- More boats have been added, and water based action has been revamped as well with an all new physics system for boats.
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
- Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy for PlayStation 2 - Out This Holiday Season
- Lawmakers Attack Violent Video Games
- Cuban American Bar Association Condemns Racially Charged "Grand Theft Auto-- Vice City" Video Game
- Most U,S, teens play violent video games
- G4 Video Game Network Announces 'Glow Award' Winners at G-Phoria Ceremony
- Rockstar bringing Vice without the GTA tag to Xbox
- Rockstar Partners with Capcom for the Release of Grand Theft Auto 3 in Japan.
- New PC Screenshots: Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
- Edgy Games Drive Adults To Play More
- Washington State Aims to Curb Violent Game Sales